Orchid is one of the most sought-after flowers all over the world. A symbol of grace, joy, friendship, fraternity and virility, this beautiful flower can last longer in a vase if taken care of properly. Being a super star among flowers Orchid needs little more pampering than others to gorgeously adorn your house for a long time.
We will start with the moment someone showers you with love and gifts you an orchid bouquet-
- Unpack and soak your Orchids in water for 10 minutes. This will refresh the Orchids.
- Cut the stem for up to 1 inch. They will absorb water more easily. Please note that this stem must be cut under water. This prevents air bubble formation and clogging; this decreases the life span of the flower.
- Remove the leaves that submerge in water in the vase. Such leaves harm the flowers by causing bacteria formation.
- Now find a suitable thrown for the king – a beautiful vase that matches the beauty of the orchid and your home alike. Clean this vase with soap and lukewarm water.
- Add flower food and cool water in the vase.
- Then place the handsome Prince, the Orchids into the vase.
- Then place the vase in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Make sure that the vase is placed at the most visible place as a constant reminder of someone’s love.
To make sure that they keep looking good for a longer time -keep re-cutting the stems by 1 inch, keep changing water and keep removing dead leaves that fall into water.
Then you can give them a “magic potion” to help them live longer.
This is how you make it –
-Add 1 teaspoon of chlorine bleach, 1 tea spoon of sugar to 1 quart of water (at normal temperature), then add 2 teaspoons of lime juice to it. Super food for Orchids is ready. Pour enough to cover half the stems length.
And voila…. you have the pleasure of the company of most beautiful flowers in the world for a very long time. May these long-lasting Orchids bring you everlasting love.
How To Care For Lilies In Vase
How to Arrange Bouquet Flowers
Care For Gerbera Daisies
Flower Arrangements – Creative pastime
Flowers For Parents Day